Posted by bbphrogger
“Depravity 2017” released today! I’m going to hold off on doing an official video until I can figure out how to better crowdsource video clips for it, but I didn’t want that to stop y’all from hearing it because it’s a fantastic track with a lot of deep, heavy thumpyness and ear-shattering FM transients.
I should mention a few things in case anyone is curious, so y’all have some idea where I’m headed with all of this:
- You may have noticed that I’m not releasing on iTunes, Spotify, or other popular download/streaming services, and that may seem like a big mistake. I have every intention of releasing on those platforms, but I will do so once the album is complete. In the meantime, I strongly encourage you to try out Bandcamp, which I find to be an amazing service both as an artist and customer, or grab a download via The Artist Union, which brings me to my next point…
- Apparently The Artist Union asks for a lot of control of various accounts (Facebook, YouTube, and especially SoundCloud) depending upon the settings the artist (me) chooses. Unfortunately it is not always clear which settings require what information or agreement. I just want to get y’all signed up to follow me so you don’t miss anything I release. I’m not trying to get you to share your blood type and financial histories with a bunch of random companies. So, please let me know if you try to download a track and it wants something you find unreasonable. I will look into the settings and adjust them until it’s behaving the way that benefits the kind of musician-to-music-lover relationship we are trying to develop here.
- Finally, I really am intending to catch a unicorn here. I want to make music-centric art for a living, and I want to do so in as uncompromising a way as possible. To that end, I will definitely be relying on you to tell me what, if anything, I can do to create and share these projects in a way that would be valuable to you. What might make you want to pay to download, or subscribe to stream, or join a Patreon, or otherwise contribute money to keep me from ultimately starving in a gutter in pursuit of this dream?
On that happy thought, here’s a visualization video to match the one I did for “Because 2017”, as well as a bunch of ways you can stream or download the track:
Free Download (MP3) on The Artist Union: https://theartistunion.com/tracks/a1fef4
Or pay a buck (or more if you’re feeling generous) on Bandcamp for a high quality lossless download:
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
About bbphroggerI am an easy-going perfectionist, a casual slave-driver, a lazy workaholic. I do everything myself with all sorts of help and support. I am a geek, an artist, a friend to all.
Posted on March 7, 2017, in Music, Music Video and tagged behavior, counterpoint, dark, deep, depraved, depravity, detuned, dorian, electro, electronic, electronica, FM synth, future, heavy, human condition, humanity, jazzy, minor, music, Music Video, polyphonic, psychology, sin, sinful, sinner, social, synthpop, three beat, total depravity. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.